Expert Discussion (EN) - "An insider’s view of Sustainable Fashion in Hong Kong"
"An insider’s view of Sustainable Fashion in Hong Kong"
Average woman has 109 pieces of clothing, 40% more than man in Hong Kong.
39% of Hong Kongers have thrown away clothing after wearing it just once. Source: Yougov
321 tonnes of textiles are dumped each day. Source: Gov't
64% of Hong Kongers support sustainable fashion. Only 8% of them are willing to pay a higher price. Source: HK01
We will look into different dimensions:
- Can fast fashion be green?
- Apart from good PR, do you see any brand leaders on sustainable fashion? What can we learn from them?
- As regard of human right, are there any initiatives related to fair trade that guarantee people to receive fair pay?
- Ms. Nastasia Malatesta, Circular Fashion Programme Manager, Redress
- Ms. Cristina Kountiou, Fashion Marketing and Management Professor, SCAD Hong Kong
- Ms. Agnes Pang, Founder, The Chief Project
Date: 18th April, 2019 (Thurs)
Time: 7:30pm - 9pm
Venue: Edgar YP17 Pop Up
Location: 1/F, 17 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay (MTR Exit F1)
Ticket: Complimentary (First come, first served.)
1. The panel is conducted in English.
2. Applications are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
3. No refund or make-up lesson will be arranged due to absence of the participants for any reason.
4. If the activity is cancelled according to the following “Bad weather arrangements”, Edgar Limited will refund or arrange for a rescheduled session.
5. If the individual cannot participate in the alternative session, Edgar Limited will deduct an administrative fee and refund 80% of the application fee. (if applicable)
Edgar Limited reserves the right of final decision in case of disputes.
Bad weather arrangements:
1. When Tropical Cyclone Signal No.3 or Red Rainstorm Warning Signal is in force, all events will continue to be held as scheduled, unless otherwise announced by Edgar Limited.
2. When Tropical Cyclone Signal No.8 (or above) or the Black Rainstorm Signal is in force 3 hours before the event has started, the event will be cancelled.